A Friend That Sticketh Closer
As we begin our study about friendship, it is only fitting to begin with the greatest example. The latter part of our verse says, “there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.” Technically, this could be suggesting that people can have friends who are more loyal than those in their own family, but more likely it is a reference to the Lord Himself. He is a friend to us when we are completely unlovable. He died on the cross for us while we were His enemies (Romans 5:10). Truly He is a “friend that sticketh closer than a brother.”
- (For smaller children) Name some of your friends. God loves you more than they do. Jesus died on the cross for us even though He knew we would be disobedient. Our friends would not have done that for us.
- What comes to mind when you think of the Lord’s faithfulness as a friend to mankind? What are some of the traits of a friend that He exemplifies?
- There is no other friend like the Lord Jesus. He stays by our side regardless of our faithfulness to Him. Have you thanked Him for being a friend to you? Have you rejoiced in the blessings of knowing Him personally?
- Ask God to show you ways in which He has been a friend to you.
- Thank the Lord for being a faithful friend to you.
No, Not One!
LTB DEVOTIONS ON FACEBOOK
Receive the daily devotions on your facebook wall by clicking "Like" on http://www.facebook.com/kingjamesbibledailydevotions.