Bible Interpretation II
The Bible comes to us by way of revelation, inspiration, preservation, illumination, and interpretation. Bible interpretation is man's part in studying the Bible. The Bible itself teaches us how to interpret it. This class deals with those rules and approaches to correct Bible interpretation. Subject matter covered in the course includes:
- The meaning and importance of correct Bible interpretation.
- A brief history of Bible interpretation methods and the influence these methods have had.
- The spiritual requirements for correct Bible interpretation.
- The seven laws of Bible interpretation.
- Numerous principles of Bible interpretation: scriptural defining, scripture's single sense, figurative language, word order, textual context, historical context, parallelism, repetition, and more.
- Interpretation of Bible mysteries: kingdom age mysteries and grace age mysteries.
- Interpretation and application of Bible numbers. This course includes a very detailed study of various numbers in the Bible and their symbolic meaning.