The Book of Proverbs: Chapter 1, Verse 6 (Proverbs 1:6)
|«Psalms Chapter 150||Proverbs Chapter 2»|
A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:
To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
If they say, Come with us, let us lay wait for blood, let us lurk privily for the innocent without cause:
Let us swallow them up alive as the grave; and whole, as those that go down into the pit:
So are the ways of every one that is greedy of gain; which taketh away the life of the owners thereof.
She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words, saying,
How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?
Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.
Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.
For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.
Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom.
- The Seven Myths of Education
- Personal Soul Winning - Section 5 - Lesson 7
- Is the IRS a Terrorist?
- The Habit of Giving
- A Tower Reaching to Heaven (Daily Portion 10319)
- Financial Help
- Loss of the Ship (Daily Portion 10128)
- Orders of the Priesthood (Daily Portion 10124)
- A Circumspect Walk - Ephesians 5:15-16
- Be Fruitful and Multiply - The Missing Ministry in Today's Churches
- Musings for the Man of God
- Debt Free the Bible Way - Money Management by Bible Precepts
- Eight Misconceptions About Spanking
- Memorizing Scripture
- Anger and Sin
- Living Together
- Is Arguing Shameful to God?
- Thinketh No Evil
- God's Demand of Righteousness
- Favor of God
- Does God Hear the Prayers of the Lost?
- Santa Claus
- Mouse in the House