Scripture Passage:Hebrews 13:5
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Hebrews 13:5Printable Version: X
Answer each question with a yes or no and keep a count of how many no's you have.
- Have you complained to anyone about your income this month?
- Have you bought anything on credit this month that you will not be able to pay when the bill comes in?
- Is there anything you want to change about the way you look?
- Are you inwardly jealous when someone you know gets something you cannot afford?
- Do you often dream of having things you never expect to be able to get?
- Have you complained about your car this week?
- Have you complained about your clothes this week?
- Have you complained about the weather this week?
- Do you think that you could finally be happy if you had just a little more income or material goods?
- Do you worry about who will take care of your physical needs?
- Do you fear that if you totally surrendered to God, He might send you somewhere you do not want to go?
- Do you “lose your religion” when something breaks?
Give yourself one point for each question that you could honestly answer with “No”.
- 1-6 points – You are very discontent and probably unhappy
- 7-9 points – You have much to learn about contentment
- 10-11 points – You are fairly content but God has more for you
- 12 point – What you have, you have by the grace of God; do not be proud
Give not thy strength unto women, nor thy ways to that which destroyeth kings.