Daily Devotion - September 21, 2013
The greatest difficulty in life is often the perplexing effort needed to find a proper balance. One believer errs on the side of laziness while another believer errs on the side of taking no rest. Both are harmful, both are life threatening in one’s walk with God, and both hinder the believer from accomplishing all that God has for him to do. Numbers 9:23 may not be one of the most common verses committed to memory, but it gives a tremendous truth concerning this balance. "At the commandment of the LORD they rested in the tents, and at the commandment of the LORD they journeyed." This ought to be the believer’s theme—rest or journey "at the commandment of the LORD."
- (For smaller children) God commanded man to have a day of rest (Exodus 20:8-11). It is a day when you put aside ordinary work (Nehemiah 13:15-19; Numbers 15:32-35). The Lord will bless those who rest (Isaiah 58:13-14).
- Are you resting when the Lord directs you to do so? Are you working "at the commandment of the LORD"? If not, you will never find the proper balance.
- Is it sin to refuse to work at the commandment of the LORD? Is it equally sin to refuse to rest at the commandment of the LORD? Of which sin are you guilty?
- Ask God to forgive you for failing to follow His commands.
- Ask the Lord to teach you the proper balance.
‘Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus
LTB DEVOTIONS ON FACEBOOK
Receive the daily devotions on your facebook wall by clicking "Like" on http://www.facebook.com/kingjamesbibledailydevotions.