Hindrances to Prayer
On one hand, believers have full access to the throne of God through the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, yet, on the other hand, the Bible speaks of circumstances that might hinder a believer’s prayer life. According to James 1:6-7, a lack of faith hinders the Lord’s response to a person’s prayer. According to 1 John 3:22, disobedience can also be a hindrance to prayer. In 1 Peter 3:7, the Bible declares that the prayers of a troubled home will be hindered. In addition to this, the Lord acknowledges the benefit of praying according to His will (1 John 5:14). It is important to pray, but it is also important to pray in such a way as to not be hindered.
- (For smaller children) When we've done something wrong, Dad and Mom want us to talk about it and say that we're sorry before we go on and talk to them about other things. It is the same when we talk to the Lord. Read Psalm 66:18.
- How can praying according to God’s will provide a believer with assurance? Why is it important that we pray believing God can answer our prayers?
- What efforts have you made to ensure that your prayers are not hindered? Is there anything in your life right now that you know would hinder your prayers? What will you do to change that?
- Ask God to help you pray in faith.
- Ask the Lord to teach you to pray according to His will.
LTB DEVOTIONS ON FACEBOOK
Receive the daily devotions on your facebook wall by clicking "Like" on http://www.facebook.com/kingjamesbibledailydevotions.