Our Responsibility in Judgment - 1 Corinthians 6:1-8
The role that the early church took in judgment seems to be much more involved than what is generally practiced today. Believers who had disputes took those disputes before the church, and the believers that failed to do so were the carnal believers at Corinth. They were taking their disputes before unsaved judges. Paul rebuked the believers for this and explained to them a future role of judgment that believers would have. He explained that, at least in some form, believers would take part in judging the world (1 Corinthians 6:2). In addition to this, believers will have a lofty responsibility of judging angels (1 Corinthians 6:3). It appears that our current judgment is practice for future judgment.
- (For smaller children) If you and a sibling had an argument, would you go to a next door neighbor whom you did not know to settle it? Of course not, you would go to Dad or Mom. The same is true with our church family. God wants us to settle any problems we have with someone at church within our church family.
- How could our judgment within a local body of believers actually work to preserve the testimony of our Lord Jesus Christ? How could it insure biblical solutions to our disputes?
- In our day, people love to sue others over the smallest matters. What kind of impression does it give the world when believers take part in this behaviour?
- Ask God to help you learn to judge now.
- Ask the Lord to help you obey Him in all matters of life.
Have Thine Own Way, Lord!
LTB DEVOTIONS ON FACEBOOK
Receive the daily devotions on your facebook wall by clicking "Like" on http://www.facebook.com/kingjamesbibledailydevotions.