Parting of the Waters
Where are all places that state the parting or dividing of water in the Bible?
The references to the dividing or parting of water in the Bible are as follows:
- Genesis 1:6-7 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so."
- Exodus 14:21-22 And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the LORD caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided. And the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea upon the dry ground: and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left."
- Joshua 3:13 And it shall come to pass, as soon as the soles of the feet of the priests that bear the ark of the LORD, the Lord of all the earth, shall rest in the waters of Jordan, that the waters of Jordan shall be cut off from the waters that come down from above; and they shall stand upon an heap."
- 2 Kings 2:13-14 He took up also the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and went back, and stood by the bank of Jordan; And he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, Where is the LORD God of Elijah? and when he also had smitten the waters, they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over."
- Nehemiah 9:11 And thou didst divide the sea before them, so that they went through the midst of the sea on the dry land; and their persecutors thou threwest into the deeps, as a stone into the mighty waters."
- Job 26:12 He divideth the sea with his power, and by his understanding he smiteth through the proud."
- Job 38:25 Who hath divided a watercourse for the overflowing of waters, or a way for the lightning of thunder;"
- Psalm 74:13 Thou didst divide the sea by thy strength: thou brakest the heads of the dragons in the waters."
- Psalm 78:13 He divided the sea, and caused them to pass through; and he made the waters to stand as an heap."
- Psalm 136:13 To him which divided the Red sea into parts: for his mercy endureth for ever:"
- Isaiah 51:15 But I am the LORD thy God, that divided the sea, whose waves roared: The LORD of hosts is his name."
- Isaiah 63:12-13 That led them by the right hand of Moses with his glorious arm, dividing the water before them, to make himself an everlasting name? That led them through the deep, as an horse in the wilderness, that they should not stumble?"
- Jeremiah 31:35 Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:"
Also, notice how many times the number 13, or connotations of it appear in the above 13 references!