The Prating Fool
Scripture Passage:Proverbs 10:8,10; 3 John 10
INTRODUCTION: Prate: to talk much and foolishly; chatter; to make idle talk
- Many words – the fool’s trademark Ecclesiastes 5:3; 10:12-14
- Many words – the place of sin Proverbs 10:19
- Few words – the mark of wisdom Proverbs 17:27; 21:23; James 1:19; 1 Samuel 3:19
- PRATING WORDS ARE DISOBEDIENT WORDS (Proverbs 10:8)
- Application (1 Timothy 5:13)
- PRATING WORDS ARE DECEITFUL WORDS (Proverbs 10:10)
- Interpretation – (Proverbs 6:13) winking: a sign of secret agreement, secret flirtation or lying
- Application (Ephesians 4:25; Colossians 3:9-10)
- PRATING WORDS ARE DESTRUCTIVE WORDS (3 John:9-10)
CONCLUSION: Matthew 12:36 – To Give Account for Every Idle Word; may God help us to keep a watch on our tongue.
Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.