Sources of Peace
At first, this study may appear to contradict our previous study. We learned that the Lord is the only true source for peace, but now we contend that there are multiple sources for peace. Yet, each of these sources fully relies upon the Lord and is given by Him as means to finding peace. In our passage, we understand that peace is reliant upon our minds staying upon God. The last part of the verse further defines this as trusting in God, or having faith. In Psalm 119:165, we learn that those who love God’s law will have peace. Apparently, peace boils down to loving and trusting what God has said. Failure to trust God’s words will keep true and lasting peace afar off.
- (For smaller children) God made everything and has power over everything. He said, "Peace, be still," to a great storm on the sea. Immediately, the wind stopped and the sea was calm. He can and wants to bring you peace when you feel upset about things that trouble you.
- The Bible is full of promises given by God to mankind. Do you trust His promises? Do you believe the words of the Bible to be true and without error?
- Do you meditate on the power and goodness of God? Do you think about how He came through for His people in the Old and New Testaments? Do you realize He can do the same for you?
- Ask God to give you faith to trust His words.
- Ask God to help you meditate on His goodness.
Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus
LTB DEVOTIONS ON FACEBOOK
Receive the daily devotions on your facebook wall by clicking "Like" on http://www.facebook.com/kingjamesbibledailydevotions.