Submit Yourselves unto God
There are many God-given authorities to whom the believer should submit; but above all authorities, we must submit ourselves unto God. This means that we submit our whole being (body, soul, and spirit) unto Him. He purchased us with His own blood on Calvary (1 Corinthians 6:20), and we are no longer our own. This means that God has the right to tell us what to eat, where to go, what to watch, what to listen to, what to read, how and when to pray, where to go to church, how to worship Him, and the list goes on and on. Every aspect of our lives, from our thought life to our actions, is God’s business and we should be submitted unto Him in that area.
- (For smaller children) When the apostle Paul first met the Lord, he said in Acts 9:6, "Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?" We can tell by Paul's life that he asked this question often as he served the Lord. We should follow his example.
- Think about various areas of your life. Does the Lord reign in each area? Does He have authority in your life, or are you living according to your own will and way?
- Who dictates what you wear? Who dictates your language? Who dictates your prayer life and Bible study? Who dictates what you believe? If the answer is not the Lord, you are not submitted.
- Ask God to help you submit every aspect of your life to Him.
- Ask God to show you when you are in authority instead of Him.
Have Thine Own Way, Lord!
LTB DEVOTIONS ON FACEBOOK
Receive the daily devotions on your facebook wall by clicking "Like" on http://www.facebook.com/kingjamesbibledailydevotions.