The Fruit of the Spirit
Fruit is something that naturally grows when the circumstances are right. According to the Bible, the believer can expect natural virtues to grow in his life because of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Among this fruit are virtues like love, joy, peace and faith. When the Holy Ghost has full access to our lives, we will experience love, joy, and peace at their fullest. Perhaps one of the lesser known virtues that should naturally grow in the life of a believer yielded to the Lord is that of temperance. Many lack the balance that the Holy Spirit so freely wants to provide. They know nothing of stability and peace that comes from yielding control to the Holy Spirit.
- (For smaller children) To produce fruit, a tree needs a proper amount of sunshine, rain, and good soil. To have the fruit of the Spirit mentioned above, a child of God must read his Bible, pray, and be obedient to what God says to do.
- Do you have balance in your life? Would you describe yourself as stable, consistent and balanced? Are you tossed to and fro by the troubles and cares of this world?
- Is the fruit of the Spirit naturally growing in your life? If not, what is hindering the growth? Are you reading your Bible? Are you spending time in prayer with the Lord?
- Ask the Lord to help you yield to Him.
- Ask God to help His fruit to grow in your life.
Is Your All on the Altar?
LTB DEVOTIONS ON FACEBOOK
Receive the daily devotions on your facebook wall by clicking "Like" on http://www.facebook.com/kingjamesbibledailydevotions.