The Importance of Giving
The longest chapter in our Bible, by verse count, is Psalm 119. That chapter focuses a great deal on one of the greatest gifts God ever gave to mankind, His precious word. The second longest chapter in the Bible, by verse count, just so happens to be Numbers 7. So what is the focus of this chapter? This chapter describes gifts from man to God. A careful reading of the chapter will show that the length of verses could have been greatly shortened, but the Lord chose to speak of the gifts He received from each tribe. Why? Because, God cares dearly about the gifts He receives from each of His people. God does not need anything that man has, yet He finds great joy in receiving gifts from those whom He loves.
- (For smaller children) The greatest commandment is to love the Lord with all our hearts, souls, and minds. Love obeys (John 14:15). Love gives (John 3:16). God wants us to give back to Him out of love. He takes notice. Read Mark 12:41-44.
- Why would our gifts to the Lord be so important to Him if He has no need of the things which we have to offer? What do our gifts to Him demonstrate about the condition of our hearts?
- What are some possible reasons that the Lord took the time to tell about the offering presented to Him by each tribe? What does this teach us about His care for our gifts?
- Ask the Lord to give you a heart that desires to give to Him.
- Ask God to give you the ability to give Him more.
Something for Thee
LTB DEVOTIONS ON FACEBOOK
Receive the daily devotions on your facebook wall by clicking "Like" on http://www.facebook.com/kingjamesbibledailydevotions.