Who Controls the Weather?
I am doing a study on who controls the weather. I would appreciate any help on this topic.
Thank you so much for writing. I’m sure that scientifically there are many different variables that control the weather, but we are going to look at the Biblical truths to see who controls the weather. I’m sure that we would all be real quick to answer that God controls the weather until we hear about an earthquake, tornado or hurricane that destroys homes and lives. Then we want to question whether or not God would allow this to happen. Well let’s look at the scriptures.
- It did not rain until God caused it to rain. (Genesis 2:5)
- God caused it to rain the first time. (Genesis 7:4)
- God caused it to rain grievous hail in Egypt (Exodus 9:18)
- When Moses spread his hands unto the LORD, the rain stopped (Exodus 9:33)
- The Lord promised to give rain (Leviticus 26:4, Deuteronomy 11:14)
- The Lord had power to shut up the heaven that there be no rain (Deuteronomy 11:17, 1 Kings 17:1)
- The Lord is responsible for sending rain (1 Kings 17:14; 2 Chronicles 6:27; Job 5:10; Job 28:23-26; Psalm 68:9)
- God makes rain (Job 36:27)
- The Lord sent thunder in Egypt (Exodus 9:23)
- Pharaoh asked Moses to “Intreat the LORD” for the thunderings to stop (Exodus 9:28)
- When Moses spread his hands unto the LORD, the thunders stopped (Exodus 9:33)
- The Lord sent thunder when Samuel asked Him (1 Samuel 12:18)
- The Lord sends snow (Job 37:6)
Evaporation and Winds
- God’s in charge of evaporation and winds (Psalm 135:7)
Purposes of Weather
- Blessing (Leviticus 26:4, Deuteronomy 11:14)
- Judgment (1Samuel 7:10, 12:17)
Please do not think that I am saying every time there is a flood or hail or a drought that it is directly linked to the judgment of God, I am just giving some uses of these things from scripture. This is just a start but I hope it helps.