Whoso Findeth a Wife - Proverbs 18:22
God made man with a natural desire for companionship. Like other works of God, the world, the flesh, and the Devil have corrupted the method by which this desire is fulfilled. God created Adam as a single man. As time passed, it became obvious that Adam needed a wife. Though details vary from situation to situation, the principles of God’s provision for companionship for Adam provide good guidelines for someone seeking the same today. It is common knowledge that a young lady should never go looking for a husband, but Adam found a wife when the Lord brought Eve to him. Adam did not have to go searching for a wife, God brought her to him, and God can do the same today.
- (For smaller children) God made Adam a wife that would be a help meet for him (Genesis 2:18). Above all things, a companion should love the Lord (Psalm 119:63). Since God knows hearts, it is better to let Him do the choosing (Proverbs 19:14b).
- How does the world suggest one should find a companion? What would be some wise rules for finding a spouse? What are some details about God’s provision for Adam that would help you?
- How could it be dangerous to get ahead of the Lord in finding a spouse? Upon what should your decisions be based? Upon what basis do most people choose a husband or wife?
- Ask God to guide your children as they look for the Lord’s will.
- Ask the Lord for strength to withstand the world’s assaults.
LTB DEVOTIONS ON FACEBOOK
Receive the daily devotions on your facebook wall by clicking "Like" on http://www.facebook.com/kingjamesbibledailydevotions.