One of the problems found in many parts of the world is what is called nominal Christianity. Your email address indicates that you are from India, but this problem is found in many places, including America. Nominal means "by name only" and nominal Christianity refers to communities of people who claim to be Christian but who know little if anything of personal salvation, sanctification, and service. Often, the majority of these communities are made of people who do not know Jesus Christ personally as their Saviour. They need to be reached for the Lord.
The fact that you see this and are concerned about it shows that the Lord has begun an awakening in your heart and spirit. This could become the means by which others could also return to the true knowledge of God. I will try to make some suggestions that might be of help to you.
- First make sure of your own salvation. Have you recognized that you are a sinner in need of a Saviour? Do you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins and that He arose from the dead the third day according to the scriptures? Has there been a time when you turned from your way of life and placed your complete trust in the Lord? Have you called on His name and trusted Him as your Saviour? You cannot help others if you do not know for certainty of your own salvation. That is the first and most important step.
- After you are certain of your salvation, seek to know the Lord in a real and living way. Read the Bible (especially Psalms and the New Testament epistles). Meditate on the passages that speak to your heart. Pray to the Lord for strength and guidance. Cultivate your hunger for God and for the things of God.
- Accept that most people, even those who call themselves Christians, will not understand what is going on in your heart. Some will think you odd or going through a stage. Others will avoid you. Some will make fun of you and perhaps even mistreat you. This is all for the sake of Jesus Christ.
- Pray for and seek out other true believers. There are probably others in your city or area who feel as you do. The devil wants to keep all of you separate and thinking that you are the only one. Pray for others. Pray for God to bring you together. Trust Him to help you find them. Seek for a church that is true. If you do not have one initially, go to the one that is the closest to the truth and pray for a better one.
- Be a witness to others of the greatness of God and the reality of true faith. Help those who listen. Seek someone to teach you in the Bible and in the ways of God. 2 Timothy 2:2 says, "And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also." God's way is to have a line of teachers and learners. Find someone you can learn from and find someone that you can help.
These are just a few suggestions. As you grow, the Lord may lead you in other ways. I pray that He will strengthen and guide you in your desire to be entirely given to Him.