INTRODUCTION: Consider the unlikelihood of your salvation. Many never hear the gospel message. Many more reject its truth. Yet, if you are saved, you have received a great blessing. You need to see yourself as a firebrand plucked out of the burning.
- THE LORD HAS SWORN BY HIS HOLINESS (Amos 4:1-5)
- Days of Judgment Shall Come (Amos 4:1-3; Ecclesiastes 8:11; Galatians 6:7-8)
- Forms of Godliness are Rejected (Amos 4:4-5; Isaiah 1:10-18; 2 Timothy 3:5)
- YET HAVE YE NOT RETURNED UNTO ME (Amos 4:6-11)
- Despite Cleanness of Teeth (Amos 4:6-7)
- Despite No Satisfaction (Amos 4:8; Isaiah 55:1-2)
- Despite Loss of Goods (Amos 4:9)
- Despite Egyptian Pestilence (Amos 4:10; Exodus 15:26 with Deuteronomy 28:60)
- Despite Being As a Firebrand Plucked (Amos 4:11; Jude 23)
- PREPARE TO MEET THY GOD (Amos 4:12-13)
- The Time Approaches (Amos 4:12; Luke 21:28; Romans 13:11-12)
- The Lord Approaches (Amos 4:13; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11)
CONCLUSION: Are you saved by the blood of Christ? Are you undergoing judgment for disobedience?