INTRODUCTION: We know that as Christians we have no condemnation (Romans 8:1). However, we also have a heritage of things that have no corruption. Corruption is a loss of soundness due to contamination or some destructive influence. Corruption slowly infiltrates the whole and weakens the integrity and purity of the thing.
We inhabit a corrupt world in corrupt bodies. That which is incorruptible cannot be corrupted. Incorruptible things will continue in their full purity when all the corruptible things no longer exist. Paul tells us to look, not at the things which are temporal (that pass away with time), but at the things which are eternal (2 Corinthians 4:18). Our salvation and eternity, our hope in heaven, are all built on those things which are incorruptible. Please consider these incorruptible things.
- THE UNCORRUPTIBLE GOD (1 Peter 1:15-16)
- Unlike the Corruptible Creatures (Romans 1:20-25)
- As He Who Changes Not (Malachi 3:6)
- THE INCORRUPTIBLE BLOOD (1 Peter 1:18-19)
- Incorruptible Because it is the Blood of God (Acts 20:28)
- Therefore Qualified to be the Blood of Redemption (Hebrews 9:11-14)
- THE INCORRUPTIBLE WORD (1 Peter 1:23-25)
- The Seed is the Word of God (Luke 8:11)
- The Word is the Source of the New Birth (James 1:18, 21)
- THE INCORRUPTIBLE SPIRIT (1 Peter 3:3-4)
- Comes From Gods Spirit (Romans 8:16; 1 Corinthians 2:12; Ecclesiastes 12:7)
- That Part of Us That Does Not Sin (1 John 3:9; John 3:6)
- Brought to Life at Salvation (John 3:6; Ephesians 2:4-5)
- Given to Lead Us in our Spiritual Life (Romans 8:14; Galatians 5:16-18, 22-25)
- AN INCORRUPTIBLE BODY
- Will Replace our Present Corruptible Body (Philippians 3:20-21; 1 Corinthians 15:49-50)
- Will Be Given When Christ Returns For Us (1 Corinthians 15:51-55)
- AN INCORRUPTIBLE INHERITANCE
- Reserved in Heaven For Us (1 Peter 1:3-5)
- Protected From the Corruption of the World (Matthew 6:19-21)
- AN INCORRUPTIBLE CROWN
- Given to Those Who Master Temperance (1 Corinthians 9:24-25)
- Deserving of Every Effort We Can Give (1 Corinthians 9:26-27)
CONCLUSION: Do you have a life built on the corruptible things of this world or on the eternal, incorruptible things of God? A salvation built on man’s good works will fail because these good works are corruptible. A salvation built on the incorruptible blood and the incorruptible word will last for eternity.
Even as a Christian, you need to make sure that your life is built on incorruptible things. Are you laying up an incorruptible inheritance or are you too interested in the things of this world? Are you striving for the incorruptible crown? There is no better time to start than today.