INTRODUCTION: Our national liberty resulted from internal Christian liberty. Liberty is release from captivity.
- Freedom from the Fear of Death.
- The True Fear. (Matthew 10:28)
- The True Liberty. (Hebrews 2:14-15)
This Libertys Results. (Hebrews 11:32-40, Philippians 1:21) Before being burned at the stake, Polycarp (155 A.D.) Eighty and six years have I served Christ and He has done me nothing but good, how then could I curse Him, my Lord and Saviour?
- Freedom from the Bondage of the Law.
- The Purpose of the Law. (1 Timothy 1: 8-10)
- The Bondage of the Law. (Galatians 2:4, 4:3)
- The Release from the Law. (Galatians 4:4-5, 28-31)
- Our Liberty in Christ. (Galatians 5:1, 4:9)
- The Danger of Liberty. (Galatians 5:13; 1 Corinthians 8:9; 1 Peter 2:16)
- Freedom from the Power of sin.
- The Word of our Deliverance. (John 8:31-32)
- The Person of our Deliverance. (John 8:33; Romans 8:1-3)
The Fruit of our Deliverance. (Romans 6:16-18,21-22)
Past: Penalty - Present: Power - Future: Presence
CONCLUSION: The loss of internal Liberty will be the downfall of external liberty. True liberty is in the heart.