Introduction: The majority if not all of us in this place are Gentiles. As such there are some things that the scripture has to say about our very nature. Knowledge of these things can keep the Christian from slipping into the old Gentile habits, and the same knowledge can point the lost Gentile to his need for a Saviour.
- THE PRACTICAL NATURE OF GENTILES
- Gentiles are Materialistic (Matthew 6:31-32)
- Gentiles Thrive on Authority (Matthew 20:25)
- Gentiles are Gullible (Acts 14:2)
- Gentiles are Vain (Ephesians 4:17)
- THE SPIRITUAL NATURE OF GENTILES
- Gentiles are Sinners (Romans 3:9; Galatians 2:15)
- Gentiles are Known for Their Sinful Pleasures (1 Corinthians 5:1; 1 Peter 4:3)
- Gentiles are Notorious for Pagan Worship (1 Corinthians 10:20; 1 Corinthians 12:2)
- Gentiles are Outsiders (Ephesians 2:11-12)
- THE NEED OF THE GENTILES
- The Closing Opportunity (Romans 11:25)
- The Light of the Gentiles (Isaiah 11:10; Ephesians 2:12-17)
Conclusion: Are you manifesting the life of a Gentile? Do you see these same things popping up in your heart and mind? Fight it with all you have. If you are saved you belong to Jesus Christ and you need not surrender to your Gentile nature.