Introduction: There are many terrible things in this life that we could experience that would not be pleasant. For example, I would not ever want to have an eye plucked out, or a hand chopped off. I wouldn’t like at all to be stuck under water knowing I couldn’t come up. I wouldn’t want to be a plane and hear the pilot or a stewardess say that the plane is going down. I can think of all sorts of other bad things that I personally would not want to endure, but as far as I can see the worst thing that could happen to a person is to burn in a fire. I know that it only lasts for a little while and you die, but still that is a horrible way to die. Imagine for a moment if you were on fire and you could not die. How terrible! Such is the lot of all those who have not put their trust for eternity in the finished work of Christ.
- The Portion of Enmity
- The Enemy of God (Romans 5:8-10; James 4:4)
- The Source of His Anger (Psalm 7:11)
- The Portion of Judgment
- Already Condemned (John 3:18)
- The Object of His Wrath (Romans 1:18)
- Condemned by their own Works (Revelation 20:12)
- Wicked Works (Colossians 1:21)
- Good Works (Isaiah 64:6; Matthew 7:21-23)
- No Pardon for the Wicked (Exodus 34:7)
- The Portion of Eternal Damnation
- A Never Ending Death (Mark 9:43-48)
- The Lake of Fire (Isaiah 33:18; Revelation 20:13-15; Revelation 21:8)
Conclusion: Are you one of the wicked? You say, "Brother Drew, I am a good person, I just don’t see that Jesus is the only way to Heaven." You are a liar (1 John 5:10) and all liars will have their part in the lake of fire (Revelation 21:8). You say, "Brother Drew, when does this condemnation start." Now…you are already condemned you are just awaiting the trial (John 3:18). You say "maybe God will weigh it all out and I’ll make it through." God will by no means clear the guilty. You say, "Brother Drew, how do I make it to heaven then?" You must become innocent, by putting your faith in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and allow Him to give you His righteous record. He will forgive you all your trespasses and give you an eternal home with Him.