We live in a day when we have all of the resources we need to be a good Christian. We have multiple Bibles in each home, a church on every corner, Bible teachers and material at our disposal 24 hours a day. There has never been a day when there were so many different ways to serve the Lord by practice, preaching and publishing. Yet we have allowed the spirit of Laodicea to deaden us. We like the Laodiceans are “lukewarm”, growing cold on the things of God. May we use this service to survey our relationship with God and the things of God
- Getting Used to Gods Salvation
- What we deserve
- You are a sinner
- Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
- 1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
- 1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
- The wages of that sin is death
- Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- James 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
- You deserve to burn in Hell for eternity to pay for those sins
- What He paid
- Jesus Christ died in your place
- He bore your sins in His body on the tree
- He experienced separation from the Father in your stead
He gave you His righteousness so that the Father sees you in the righteousness of the Son
- Because of His death, when our soul departs from this vessel we shall be with Him
- Getting Used to Gods Provisions
- What we can do
- John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
- What He provides
- Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
- Getting Used to Gods Word
- Our neglect of Gods word
- The saints love for the scriptures
- Psalm 119:47 And I will delight myself in thy commandments, which I have loved.
- Psalm 119:72 The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.
- Psalm 119:82 Mine eyes fail for thy word, saying, When wilt thou comfort me?
- Psalm 119:140 Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth
- Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.
- Jeremiah 15:16 Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts
- Getting Used to Gods House
- Our attitude toward coming
- We have to go to Church tonight
- Well unfortunately we wont get much done because it is Church night.
- What our attitude should be
- Psalm 122:1 I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD.
- Psalm 42:4 When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday.
- Getting Used to Gods Service
Losing the zeal for service
Forgetting the serious nature of the calling
Forgetting the privilege of serving
- Forgetting the souls at stake
- Getting Used to Gods Absence
When you first began to get used to the things of God, He would deal with you on certain issues but you refused to repent
- Eventually that conviction began to decrease. God was still dealing with you but it was easy to not repent. You were fine.
- Now you dont even feel conviction anymore over neglect of the things of God. Youre cold and indifferent but it doesnt bother you. You are used to going through the motions without the presence of God. You dont even realize that you are in great danger of being a castaway.